- The first step is to incorporate a herbal tea into your daily regime.A lot of people don’t realise the hidden nutrients and vitamins that are lurking in a lot of teas that can be picked up at your local health food store and are quite in expensive.
Allow yourself a twenty minute window to really savour the tea and take the time to think about your day or address any recurring thoughts that have been circulating in your mind.
- The second step is to get active!
Exercise is proven to reduce stress and the resulting ‘feel good factor’ or the endorphins associated with physical activity can boost productivity, help concentration levels while leaving you in a healthy mindset.
If you’re a beginner and want to start off gradually, light yoga is a great way to ease yourself in to fitness. You can rely on the use of your own body weight, not requiring you to purchase any additional equipment or stress at the thought of affording a gym membership. Walking is considered physical activity, don’t get discouraged by others and try to remind yourself that “doing something is always better than doing nothing!”
- The third step is to try out art therapy.Art therapy for adults is a very popular topic in promoting good mental health at the moment and for good reason! While therapy and psychotherapy in general have many benefits, the concept of art therapy has proven to be successful in various ways that differ from traditional therapy practice, by utilising the creative process of art and having a low barrier to entry, anyone can be creative in one form or another.
By expressing yourself through art, you can start processing emotions and feelings that you may be struggling with, so you can begin to heal. Colouring books, with specific adult like designs can be found in all good book shops and can also be purchased online from amazon.com.au to name one. Taking fifteen minutes out of your day to unwind and doodle may sound like an unproductive activity but can be critical to your overall positivity and well-being.
- The fourth step is to try some new activities.There are a plethora of activities to keep your mind active when you’ve found yourself with a few hours of un planned down time. These are in expensive and don’t require a huge amount of additional equipment, so they’re perfect for any busy Mother of Father to in corporate into their already stretched budget.
Activities like knitting or crochet, you can use this purely as a method of relaxation or you could create something for your family to enjoy like a scarf or throw.
- Like activities, you should find a hobby.An easy hobby to wrap your head around is scrapbooking, because of the nature of the activity you’re engaging in something creative which does great things for emotive thinking.
Scrapbooking doesn’t need to be a collection of family snaps either, we find that a lot of people enjoy collecting recipes and inspiration, similar to a mood board, they can reflect on these for direction when not feeling as reassured or positive.
- Meditation.Concentrated breathing and the use of candles and aroma therapy in scents can all be strategies to help reduce and maintain calm.
When selecting a scent, ensure that the scent relaxes you and won’t irritate you after a short period of time. It is important that the scent you associate with relaxation and calm can be injected into your everyday life seamlessly.
Controlled breathing and meditation can be achieved by closing your eyes and inhaling and exhaling ten ties, ensuring that your environment is very quiet to allowing your mind to be completely un distracted. Once the 10 breaths have been exceeded feel free to follow with whatever suits you, whether that be to continue sitting in silence or advance into something a little more complex.
This blog post is designed to help those who may have some reservations or anxiety when their children are no longer in their supervision, it can be a little difficult to un wind and let go – you’ve got nothing planned today, now what? We’ve developed a series of relaxation therapies and general activities that promote overall positivity and happiness and can be applied to a wide range of people.
Make the child free experience a positive one, do not lose touch with who you are.